We’re almost through 25% of the year 2019 already! Can you believe it? April, with spring peaking through, is a great time to check in on your savings, investments and goals. Here’s what I’ve been doing over the last four months:
1) I created a rainy-day fund that would cover me for 6 months if I lost my job. It’s locked in a savings account with higher interest rate that I won’t touch unless I absolutely have to.
2) I negotiated significantly more in earnings at a new job where the culture is positive and the learning opportunities are strong.
3) With new income I reorganized my monthly investments and contributions to group and individual retirement savings funds (10-15% of my paycheque goes here). I’m also talking with a money manager about investing in long-term, higher risk funds; and excited to set up some training sessions with @sarahpotter to learn about options investing.
4) I’ve dedicated 100% of my day work hours to my full-time job and some of my free time to side hustles, HoneyMoneyMakers growth, and freelance gigs.
5) After doing my taxes, I realized I was spending way too much money on Uber because of poor time management so I’ve started to give myself more time to travel and less opportunity on this discretionary spending.
6) I switched credit cards so that I pay less in annual fees and earn more in travel rewards so I could go on trips like this one Mexico this year.
What have you accomplished since January 1 2019? Are you on track?
Have you been procrastinating on your financial goals? Or maybe you’re not sure where to start?
Share in comments and the HoneyMoneyMakers community will do our best to support you!